By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Troy W Greenberg
1. Cabinets Specifically Designed for the Garage Environment - Regular closet shelving and organization systems are not designed for use in punishing garage environments. Look for garage storage cabinets that are designed with such environments in mind.
2. Wide Range of Cabinets Available - In this day and age, you shouldn't have to settle for a system with just a few cabinet configurations. Today there are companies making hundreds of different cabinets to make your space as unique as your needs are. Think Long term, rather than what your immediate needs are.
3. Garage cabinets should be Off-the-Floor - In the garage, it makes all kinds of sense to store items off the floor. After all, water and other potentially damaging things can seep along garage floors; why risk having it come into contact with the things that you're trying to protect? Furthermore, off-the-floor garage cabinets make for easy cleaning, which will enhance the organization and overall quality of your garage.
4. Heavy-Duty Drawers - More than likely, you'll be storing heavy, bulky tools and other equipment out in the garage. Your drawers better be able to handle such loads, and the best garage storage systems will include heavy-duty drawers that will be more than up to the task.
5. Specialty Cabinets - Look for cabinets to specifically organize your home, such as Parts bin cabinets to hold screws and small parts, or lockers for the kids jackets and shoes or winter clothing.
6. Strong, Durable Designs are Mandatory - Whether it's the drawers, shelves or racks, garage storage cabinets should be built to withstand heavy weights. You should feel as confident about placing a heavy - yet fragile - chainsaw in one as you do a basic metal hammer.
7. Customization will be an Option - In addition to having configurable bins, the best garage organization system will give you the option of true customization. In other words, you should be able to dream up any design imaginable, - and the company should be able to make it happen.
8. Garage Cabinet Colors - Some companies offer several colors and some even custom colors.
9. Look for American Made - Enough Said
10. Professional Installation will be Available - In order to achieve the most space-maximizing layout possible, you should always invest in garage cabinets that can be professionally installed. Even if you're fairly handy about such things, you'll enjoy much better results when the pros do the job for you.
If you'd like to cut to the chase and find garage storage systems that include all of the preceding benefits, you should consider Garage Shapeups Garage gear. Their garage organization solutions are second to none, and all of the preceding points are covered. Variety is key, and you'll get it with GS Signature garage cabinets, and for less than you might imagine. Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Troy_W_Greenberg/739639
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4964759
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Scott Madara
Most garages resemble a hodge-podge collection of various items that simply do not have a "home" anywhere else in the house. Garages tend to be the first place we store our random junk in addition to the last place we organize. But the values of organizing such a space are so evident that having it any other way seems ridiculous. Of course, time is the great enemy here: many of us lack the proper time to organize the space as well as the time to keep-up on this organization. A helpful component to maintaining a clean and organized garage is installing an actual organization system, complete with reinforced cabinets, which establishes a clean space while simultaneously holding all of your items in a systematic manner.
The benefits of an organized garage space are many and have positive effects in terms of how you interact with that room. Obviously, with an organized garage you will be able to easily find and use items without the wasted time of rooting through drawers of random objects or chaotically moving boxes. Additionally, a structured space will allow you to keep a consistent inventory of what you have, preventing trips to the hardware store to purchase a product that you have but is simply buried within a disordered mess.
In organizing your garage, you can return to the original purpose of what that space was designed for: storing your vehicle and various mechanical/bulky items. Naturally, however, there are a number of ways in which one can systematize the space. One of the best options involves cabinets with doors. By organizing your garage in such a way, you are effectively to maintain a systematic space while additionally instituting a visually clean appearance. This clean visual helps one "keep-up" with the organization and maintain the space's purpose.
Additionally, organizing your garage with cabinets is a matter of safety in two regards. First, you are able to store toxic items such as paint, gas, insecticides, and other harmful products off of the floor which minimizes the potential for a floor spill and the contamination of non-toxic items. Second, cabinets help keep harmful items away from children and pets. With a cabinet lock, you can rest assured that your loved ones are not able to accidentally come into contact with a potentially harmful item.
Garage organization is often easily overlooked and, if so, can lead to a disordered environment, with potential safety risks, that does not effectively use space and your time. In terms of positives, an organized garage space allows you to properly use the space (store your automobile), gives you the opportunity to work within that room for various mechanical and household chores, and confers a sense of peace-of-mind.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Scott_Madara/775807
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5400623
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Tom Turner
The garage is one area that can be spruced up tremendously with the right garage flooring choice. When trying to decide which flooring materials to use you need to evaluate the reason for your garage flooring project. This article will look at some garage flooring choices and why, when, and where to use them.
There are a few good reasons for installing some nice garage flooring. One thought behind garage flooring is to preserve your cement floor and seal it from damaging oils and stains. If you do not work on cars, but enjoy a stylish garage for your cars to be kept in then you may have different view on the type of garage flooring to choose.
Garage Flooring For Show
Surprisingly many people do not realize just how much you can increase the value of your entire home by adding some decorative garage flooring. Even applying a plain old gray sealer can add some very nice touches to a garage floor. If you have ever shopped for homes you may have seen many garages and never really paid attention to them. However, if the flooring is nice and clean you might.
If you have a medium to higher value home you can increase the value greatly by adding some nice flooring to your garage. If you enjoy a clean look then you might want to consider a sealer type flooring that is easy to clean stains and sweep.
Garage Flooring is Collector Car Heaven
If you enjoy classic cars or any type of car with nice value then an investment into some nice garage flooring is a must have item. A nice car deserves to be parked in a nice looking garage. When friends come to check it out you will have a show room already for them to see your pride and joy.
For more information on flooring try visiting [http://flooring-solution.com] , a website that specializes in providing helpful flooring tips, advice and resources to include Garage Flooring [http://www.flooring-solution.com/garage-flooring.php] and more.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Tom_Turner/63997
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/636635
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: By Naomi Smith
More and more people are now using their garage as an extension of their house and an extra storage system for all their belongings. Thus, there is no longer room enough for family vehicles and other tools, for which it has been originally designed. When you catch yourself in such a situation, then it is advisable that you invest in some overhead garage storage. With the help of some equipment, you can address the problem effectively. This storage system maximizes the space for further use and frees up your wall and floor the family car and things that it was specifically designed.
By making use of your ceiling to store seldom used items and light objects, your garage floor will then be free from clutter. Another advantage of this innovative solution is its accessibility. All you need is to attach your shelves into your ceiling and a ladder. If climbing on a ladder sounds like a problem to you, then you could opt for a pulley system that is mostly composed of a "4x4" platform. You could just easily load it and lift it up without the risk of falling from a ladder.
Still not sure what to put on your overhead garage storage? Consider these seasonal items such as your holiday decors, old documents, camping supplies, old clothes, folding chairs, memorabilia and potentially hazardous equipment that you'd like to be out of your children's reach..
What are the things to consider if you want to install this storage system? Carefully consider your specific requirements, the structural capacity and design of your garage and most importantly, the materials need to carry out such a plan. You need to make sure that your garage is able to handle the extra load or you will end up messing more things up. The material composition of your ceiling will determine how capable it would be in handling additional loads. If it is made with wood or roofing material, then keep in mind to limit it to lighter objects.
Do you want your ceiling storage to occupy the whole area or just a part of it? If you have a high ceiling, then its advisable for you to utilize the whole area for a maximum storage capacity. If you want just a part of it, then choose carefully which spot you want to install it.
Considering all these factors, you are now ready to install your overhead garage storage. You can do it yourself by buying readily available supplies from a home improvement store or better yet hire a professional if you are still unsure of your skills in getting new things done. The most common style is the heavy-duty metal frame rack. This type of ceiling storage system can hold from light to moderate loads. This means that those old documents, camping supplies and seasonal clothing, but definitely not with your bike and folding chair altogether! Another type is with the use of plastic racks that are much cheaper and convenient. It is available in various sizes and shapes. However, if want to make sure of its durability, the first type is much more reliable to use.
Now you are ready to have that excellent overhead garage storage installed! Be sure to sort things out first and do not just get too excited with the idea of getting extra storage and freeing up your garage's floor for parking. Careful and considerate planning always drives success so take things one at a time and you will enjoy your new ceiling storage system much longer.
Our site provides information on bedroom closet organizers, walk in closets and various other types of closet designs along with garage storage systems [http://www.theclosetsystem.com/Garage_Storage_Systems.html]. Let us provide all your storage information. By Naomi Smith
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Naomi_Smith/293639
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2200582
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Daniel P Calvert
As we all know from programs like 'through the keyhole' you can tell a lot about someone by looking at their home. From an un-tidy home overflowing with clutter to the clean, organised and ordered one - every room within every home says something about the owner. And if you really want to see what someone is like without their make up on, the best place to look is probably the garage!
When someone steps into your garage what impression do they get - an organised and methodical person or a chaotic 'clutterhugger'? Well there are those beyond redemption of course but for most of us we have to admit that the garage is not exactly how we would like it. In fairness that probably doesn't mean we are psychologically unhinged it just means that we haven't got round to it and even when we do, where do we start and how?
The garage is usually the forgotten corner of the house which makes little sense really considering the trouble we all go to find space elsewhere. We convert attics and cellars when we have perfectly useable ground floor space in the garage if only we could make the most of it. But with careful planning and effective design the humble garage can be transformed into a stunning and practical room that solves the normal problems. To help you get rid of your garage issues we have put together five top tips that will help every home owner to spruce up their garage and create a better, more effective garage.
1) De-clutter and organise: First of all sort all of those unwanted items that you never use. You'll be really surprised how much room this frees up without the need for extra storage. And before you send it to the tip or recycle centre consider whether you can sell it or give it away. Once you've done this it's wise to invest in some practical garage cabinets or wall storage to get all of your equipment off the floor and into a place where you can find everything quickly and easily. Doing this will free up a lot of space and will make your life so much easier
2) Change the floor: Because of the nature of the garage there can often be oil leaks or paint spills that create an un-safe and messy floor. There are many different flooring solutions from porcelain or PVC tiles to resin or aluminium according to your needs but a suitable floor will make all the difference to you garage. Forget floor paint - it may seem a cheap solution but it simply won't last and you will probably find it flaking up within months or sticking to the tread of warm car tires.
3) Lighting: With the garage now being used for a variety of different reasons it is more important than ever to ensure that everything is well lit. To create the perfect lighting introduce strong LED spotlights across the whole of the garage. Not only do these create excellent light but they are also extremely efficient. If you have specific work areas consider lighting these separately, for example with under-cabinet lights.
4) Security is key: With expensive tools, garden and sports equipment stored in the garage, it's essential that they can be secured. Leaving them scattered around the garage can create a dangerous environment and is an invitation to the light-fingered! There are a number of locking garage cabinets and cupboards on the market that will help to solve this issue.
5) Make the room your own: As we said, you can tell a lot about someone from their garage. So style the garage to fit your lifestyle. Whether you are sports mad, are an avid car enthusiast or love DIY, the garage is the perfect room to tailor to your every need. So why not fit some memorabilia or pictures to make it your own.
Daniel Calvert - Dura Garages Limited ( www.duragarages.com )
Dura Garages Limited are Europes Leading designers and manufacturers of garage interior design solutions, garage storage and garage workshops. Dura provides a unique and exciting range of Garage Cabinets, Garage Flooring and Garage Wall Storage to help transform the humble and cluttered garage into a stylish and well organised lifestyle room.
If you would like to hear more about Dura can help you to transform your garage call us on 01280 700563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Daniel_P_Calvert/671080
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4763181
If you are looking for extra space in your garage then garage storage cabinets can help you immensely. These cabinets play a pivotal role in organizing cluttered and crowded space. The beauty of these cabinets is that you can install these cabinets in surfaces that are scratch resistant and feature stain. These cabinets are normally made from materials like metal, heavy-duty plastic and wood.
Another good thing about garage storage cabinets is that they are quite straightforward to put together. To provide your garage a custom look, these cabinets are available in a wider array of sizes.
Maple is the way to go if you are interested in buying a stylish cabinet system. The best part about maple is that it is quite stable and durable. According to their characteristics, maple cabinets come with drawer slides for drawers and pre-drilled holes for racks. To hold around fifty pounds per shelf, the shelves are constructed in a solid way. You can get maple units in finishes like white, light maple and natural.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a good organization and versatility then you must choose wall mounted garage storage cabinets. These cabinets gives you a much-needed cushion in terms of adjusting the position of cabinets, drawers and shelves on your wall mounted rack. With the help of these cabinets you can also build the storage racks on any garage wall.
From the above discussion, one can safely say that each system of garage cabinets is unique. You will face no problem in building your system. You can easily do it taking into consideration the kind of space your garage has. But before opting for any garage storage cabinets, make sure that it is strong enough and can hold all sort of things. When you fastened garage storage cabinets with dovetail joints, you will get a sturdy storage system in your garage.
Buy garage storage cabinet that is well made. Garage storage cabinet made from particleboard is not recommended because it can crash your wall rack. You can keep your valuable items off the floor of garage away from pests and water by installing storage cabinets properly. If you cannot afford expensive garage storage cabinets, do not worry there are number of modular designs available in the market, which are not that much costly.
Lois J. Wright is an expert author who writes for AboutCabinets.netArticle Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lois_J._Wright/174533Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1041067
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Chad Mathew Taylor
Our Family of Home Improvement Companies can be seen at the following websites:
GarageShapeups.com, HuntsvilleGarageShapeups.com, SlatwallSolutions.com, LifetimeEpoxyFloors.com, RubaSafe.com and PoolDeckRescue.com.
The author of this page is Nick Dixon, owner of Garage Shapeups and Lifetime Epoxy Floors.