By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Daniel P Calvert
As we all know from programs like 'through the keyhole' you can tell a lot about someone by looking at their home. From an un-tidy home overflowing with clutter to the clean, organised and ordered one - every room within every home says something about the owner. And if you really want to see what someone is like without their make up on, the best place to look is probably the garage!
When someone steps into your garage what impression do they get - an organised and methodical person or a chaotic 'clutterhugger'? Well there are those beyond redemption of course but for most of us we have to admit that the garage is not exactly how we would like it. In fairness that probably doesn't mean we are psychologically unhinged it just means that we haven't got round to it and even when we do, where do we start and how?
The garage is usually the forgotten corner of the house which makes little sense really considering the trouble we all go to find space elsewhere. We convert attics and cellars when we have perfectly useable ground floor space in the garage if only we could make the most of it. But with careful planning and effective design the humble garage can be transformed into a stunning and practical room that solves the normal problems. To help you get rid of your garage issues we have put together five top tips that will help every home owner to spruce up their garage and create a better, more effective garage.
1) De-clutter and organise: First of all sort all of those unwanted items that you never use. You'll be really surprised how much room this frees up without the need for extra storage. And before you send it to the tip or recycle centre consider whether you can sell it or give it away. Once you've done this it's wise to invest in some practical garage cabinets or wall storage to get all of your equipment off the floor and into a place where you can find everything quickly and easily. Doing this will free up a lot of space and will make your life so much easier
2) Change the floor: Because of the nature of the garage there can often be oil leaks or paint spills that create an un-safe and messy floor. There are many different flooring solutions from porcelain or PVC tiles to resin or aluminium according to your needs but a suitable floor will make all the difference to you garage. Forget floor paint - it may seem a cheap solution but it simply won't last and you will probably find it flaking up within months or sticking to the tread of warm car tires.
3) Lighting: With the garage now being used for a variety of different reasons it is more important than ever to ensure that everything is well lit. To create the perfect lighting introduce strong LED spotlights across the whole of the garage. Not only do these create excellent light but they are also extremely efficient. If you have specific work areas consider lighting these separately, for example with under-cabinet lights.
4) Security is key: With expensive tools, garden and sports equipment stored in the garage, it's essential that they can be secured. Leaving them scattered around the garage can create a dangerous environment and is an invitation to the light-fingered! There are a number of locking garage cabinets and cupboards on the market that will help to solve this issue.
5) Make the room your own: As we said, you can tell a lot about someone from their garage. So style the garage to fit your lifestyle. Whether you are sports mad, are an avid car enthusiast or love DIY, the garage is the perfect room to tailor to your every need. So why not fit some memorabilia or pictures to make it your own.
Daniel Calvert - Dura Garages Limited ( www.duragarages.com )
Dura Garages Limited are Europes Leading designers and manufacturers of garage interior design solutions, garage storage and garage workshops. Dura provides a unique and exciting range of Garage Cabinets, Garage Flooring and Garage Wall Storage to help transform the humble and cluttered garage into a stylish and well organised lifestyle room.
If you would like to hear more about Dura can help you to transform your garage call us on 01280 700563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Daniel_P_Calvert/671080
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4763181
If you are looking for extra space in your garage then garage storage cabinets can help you immensely. These cabinets play a pivotal role in organizing cluttered and crowded space. The beauty of these cabinets is that you can install these cabinets in surfaces that are scratch resistant and feature stain. These cabinets are normally made from materials like metal, heavy-duty plastic and wood.
Another good thing about garage storage cabinets is that they are quite straightforward to put together. To provide your garage a custom look, these cabinets are available in a wider array of sizes.
Maple is the way to go if you are interested in buying a stylish cabinet system. The best part about maple is that it is quite stable and durable. According to their characteristics, maple cabinets come with drawer slides for drawers and pre-drilled holes for racks. To hold around fifty pounds per shelf, the shelves are constructed in a solid way. You can get maple units in finishes like white, light maple and natural.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a good organization and versatility then you must choose wall mounted garage storage cabinets. These cabinets gives you a much-needed cushion in terms of adjusting the position of cabinets, drawers and shelves on your wall mounted rack. With the help of these cabinets you can also build the storage racks on any garage wall.
From the above discussion, one can safely say that each system of garage cabinets is unique. You will face no problem in building your system. You can easily do it taking into consideration the kind of space your garage has. But before opting for any garage storage cabinets, make sure that it is strong enough and can hold all sort of things. When you fastened garage storage cabinets with dovetail joints, you will get a sturdy storage system in your garage.
Buy garage storage cabinet that is well made. Garage storage cabinet made from particleboard is not recommended because it can crash your wall rack. You can keep your valuable items off the floor of garage away from pests and water by installing storage cabinets properly. If you cannot afford expensive garage storage cabinets, do not worry there are number of modular designs available in the market, which are not that much costly.
Lois J. Wright is an expert author who writes for AboutCabinets.netArticle Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lois_J._Wright/174533Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1041067
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Chad Mathew Taylor
Our Family of Home Improvement Companies can be seen at the following websites:
GarageShapeups.com, HuntsvilleGarageShapeups.com, SlatwallSolutions.com, LifetimeEpoxyFloors.com, RubaSafe.com and PoolDeckRescue.com.
The author of this page is Nick Dixon, owner of Garage Shapeups and Lifetime Epoxy Floors.