By Garage Shapeups Expert Guest Author: William Garvin
Quick Tips for garage organization and storage.
1. Move out
Completely clean out the garage and move it into the driveway or yard. Go through each item and decide when was the last time you used it. It's a good idea to organize your items into 3 groups at this time. Frequently used items should be quickly accessible in the garage on low storage, items that you use occasionally should be stored higher and more out of the way and items you haven't used it in over a year, get rid of them.
2. MAKE A PLAN
Your garage is an expensive room but most people don't treat it that way. If you treat it like any other room in the house it's worth the time to draw up a plan. Just as you would for your kitchen or bonus room take measurements and put your plan down on paper.
Decide what items that you store in the garage but use in the house. Keep those items nearest the door into the house. The big items like a lawn mower, pressure washer or snowblow should be stored under a shelf so they don't take up as much room. Storing them in the corner is a waste of space and also makes keeping the floor clean much more difficult. Get your string trimmers, weed eater, shovels and rakes off the floor and onto a storage system. There are many systems available to help store these items.
4. GARAGE CABINETS, SHELVES AND CONTAINERS
Ideally everything should be stored off the floor. Keeping things in a cabinet, on a garage shelf or in a container not only lets you get them off the floor but keeps them clean. Not only does it keep your items clean but it makes keep the floor clean a breeze as well. Shelving is ideal for items that you need to grab quickly or when you will have your hands full.
Your garage most likely contains hazardous materials like fertilizers, pesticides, and paint. Keep those up high and out of reach or keep them locked in a garage cabinet. It also a good idea to keep your sharp gardening tools and your chainsaw in locked cabinet or up high on a garage shelf. The one item that you should never be without is a fire extinguisher. Your garage most likely has many flammable items so make sure you are covered if a fire starts.
Bill Garvin is the owner of Garage Storage Specialists, a Garage Storage company serving the Nashville, Tn area. Bill and his team can help you with getting your garage organized with their lines of garage storage systems.
Why Garage Storage Specialists?
Whatever your budget for your garage system we have a solution for you. Whether you are looking for simple garage shelves to get things off the floor or something more customized with slatwall, garage cabinets, garage shelving, garage floor tiles or epoxy floor coating we have the solution to your garage organization needs. Give us a call today at 615-283-0070 to speak to one of our design consultants or visit us at [http://www.overhaulmygarage.com].
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/William_Garvin/2475552
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9815952
Attention Huntsville and Madison homeowners. Heavy duty shelving units can be used in a home setting, in your garage, and in a business. They are able to help you get the most out of the available space you have for storage. This can be a convenient way for you to get things in order and to stop wasting time looking for items. It also helps you to avoid issues with clutter.
Buying heavy duty shelving units is a wonderful way to get organised and to keep things in order. With a great labelling system, you can use this method to help you find what you are looking for in no time at all. Finding space for those items you need to keep but you don't access all the time is very important.
You will find the right size of heavy duty shelving units for your needs. Think about your space, current storage needs, and future storage needs. Many of these products feature shelves that can be adjusted. This enables you to modify them to hold what you specifically need them for. That can change with time but they will still get the job done for you.
Being able to have the storage space set up the way you need it should be important to you. Perhaps you are going to put everything in boxes or containers. However, there are plenty of needs for storage where the items won't all be the same dimensions. You will need to find the best way to place them to take up the least amount of space.
You don't have to worry about bowing or other structural issues with heavy duty shelving units. As long as you adhere to the weight limits for the product and you assemble them correctly, you have nothing to worry about. You can consider this a wise investment as the shelving is going to stand up to the test of time. Then you don't have to pay for new ones in the near future.
The durability though depends on what you buy and the quality of the materials. Don't assume all of these products are the same. Investigate what they are made from, the weight capacity, and find out all you can about the company offering them. Don't cut corners when it comes to what you expect from them. That opens up the door for accidents and unnecessary risks.
You can pick from different styles and materials for them too. This will help you to find products you can count on that also blend in with the surroundings. Those with open slat shelves are easier to keep clean too than a solid shelf as they don't collect dust.
More Storage Capacity
You will be able to enhance your overall storage capacity with heavy duty shelving units. They are going to be able to hold more weight than your typical shelves. You can stack higher on them and still not get to the weight capacity. This means you have to buy fewer shelves. If you have limited space, the more you can get on each shelf the easier it is to be organised.
Safety and Compliance
In a business setting, you may have safety and compliance issues to pay attention to. Heavy duty shelving units are safe due to the design and the way they have support. You can offer additional support by anchoring several of them together in a line. While you don't have compliance issues at home to adhere to, safety should always be a priority in any setting when it comes to storage.
We work hard to provide you with the very best items for organisation and storage needs. We realise it can be tough to get through clutter in your garage or to maximize space in a warehouse setting without the right material.
Check out the variety of high quality products we offer at https://www.garage-shelving.co.uk/. Don't be fooled into buying some of the lower quality products out there. They can be dangerous to use because they can't hold up well to the weight of the items placed on them. If you need any assistance, we are happy to help you select sizes and products to take care of your needs.Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Dan_Hodges/2342833
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9593121
By Expert Guest Author: Scott Roewer
As the temperatures are finally creeping up, it's time to take our Spring cleaning and organizing campaign outside... to the garage. Make the most of this underappreciated space in your home and get it ready for smart storage and for working on your favorite projects. Even if you just want to just make room to finally move your car inside, remember these top tips for your best organizing results:
1. Designate separate spaces or zones in which to group like items together, such as sports gear, gardening tools, automotive supplies, house repair, etc. It makes finding things easy, clean up is simple, and overall a more functional workspace.
2. When it comes to storing off-season or occasional items in the garage, nothing beats stackable, clear plastic bins. Make sure they have tight sealing lids like the Rubbermaid Roughneck line, to protect your belongings from moisture and critters. Not everything needs to be in a bin with a lid, especially if you're accessing the items frequently.
3. Slatwall is terrific for vertical storage and they come in a variety of sizes and materials. Useful for hanging everything from gardening tools or hand tools, pegboards are also versatile, so you can adjust them as your needs change. Choose a slatwall system that is sturdy enough to carry the weight you need. For a dressed-up look, check out this pegboard system.
4. Give yourself some room. If lack of space is keeping you from your list of DIY projects, make your garage more functional by adding the right workbench. Wall mounted versions like this fold-down model give you the surface you need without taking up any floor space. Add casters to any table to make your workstation mobile, and when you're done, tuck it neatly out of the way again. Gladiator Garage works makes a handy, adjustable leg workbench I plan to have in my next garage.
5. Whenever possible, use open shelving instead of cabinets. Not only are they easier to install and less expensive, they also take up less room because you don't need to allow for swinging doors. They also let you see everything you've got, increasing the space's functionality. One exception would be a cabinet with doors that can be locked to store hazardous chemicals if you have small children, especially if the chemicals cannot be stored high out of reach.
6. The only way to keep organized is to keep an eye on what you have. One idea is to store the tiny tidbits on your tool shelves in clear spice jars, so you won't have to hunt them down when you need them, or mount the jars under a shelf. I use a parts organizer like this for my spare hardware. If you have drawers, try painting them with chalkboard paint, so you can clearly label - and re-label - what's inside.
7. Not everything is appropriate to store in your garage. If you think you're saving money buying paper goods in bulk, you'll be throwing that money away if you leave them out to become insect bait. Paint should also be moved inside, as it will be ruined by extreme weather if your garage isn't climate controlled.
8. It may be easy to just lean a ladder up against the wall when not in use, but that can be an accident waiting to happen. Avoid having it tip over onto your car - or worse, on a person - by laying it down horizontally and pushing it against the wall. If possible, keep it off the floor entirely by storing your ladder on hooks.
9. Repurpose wire closet shelving by screwing them into the ceiling joists in your garage. It creates a huge amount of storage for things you don't need to get to regularly, and you can always see what's overhead.
10. Once your garage is organized, for an even more streamlined look, install moisture resistant curtains to hide your storage and work spaces. You can also use it as an opportunity to add a pop of color to the typically stark surfaces of a garage. You could even consider laminating posters or your kids' artwork to create some visual interest in the garage.
Scott Roewer, Certified Professional Organizer is founder of The Organizing Agency, a Washington, D.C.-based professional organization company devoted to teaching residential and business clients, to create and maintain organization systems, master their time management skills, and dramatically increase their productivity.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Scott_Roewer/1831235
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8435201
Depend on Lifetime Epoxy to install your new garage floor when you get your garage storage sort and your garage organized. A new garage floor will really make your garage space look amazing.
By Garage Shapeups Guest Author: Ernesto L
The garage is a spiritual place for some. It is a place of creation where you can work on a variety of stuff from cabinets, shelves and woodwork to maintaining your bikes or cars. Armed with a wide assortment of handy tools you can just sit there and create. But sometimes all that creativity leads to complete chaos.
Your kids might also use the garage for their playtime activities. Soon you find out that there is hardly any space left there. Garage storage racks can help you to better organize stuff in your garage
There are many advantages to having a storage rack in the garage. It creates more space which you can utilize for other useful purposes. By organizing the various items in the garage, you will be able to find stuff more easily. Also by storing them safely you can prevent any damage to your personal items.
But most importantly you can keep dangerous materials away from the reach of your children. All the neatness and order will also have a positive impact on your life.
Buying ordinary racks that are placed on the floor will not help you one bit as it will take a considerable amount of space in the already cluttered garage. If you can't use the ground, use the area above. Overhead garage storage racks are perfect in such situations. They usually use the beams above the ceiling for support. They can be used to store all those items which you won't be using on a constant basis like holiday decorations, camping equipments etc.
There are different types of overhead rack systems. Metal systems are quite economical and relatively easier to install than wooden ones. The wooden systems are heavier and are more of a permanent storage solution whereas you can easily disassemble a metal one.
But before installing any systems, always check out the amount of weight your beams can hold. Too much weight can cause everything to just collapse.
You can also opt for ingenious garage ceiling storage racks like an overhead pulley based storage system. Here a platform is rigged to a pulley system and you can lower the platform whenever you need to put things or take them away. After doing so you can simply raise it back up again. This way storage becomes so convenient and easy.
You can find more ingenious garage storage racks online by visiting the various websites that deal in such products.
Looking for the cheapest Garage Storage Racks? We help direct you to the rack of your dreams! Click Here [http://www.cheapracksforsale.com/garage-storage-racks/].
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ernesto_L/98454
The author of this page is Nick Dixon, owner of Garage Shapeups and Lifetime Epoxy Floors.